Experyment Science Centre in Gdynia undertakes to ensure the accessibility of its website, pursuant to the provisions of the Act of 4th April 2019 on the digital accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2019, item. 848). The accessibility statement applies to the website experyment.gdynia.pl.
The website was published on 2020-07-31. There have been no significant updates to the website.
Conformity with the Act
The website is partially consistent with the Act of 4 April 2019 about digital accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies, in light of the following inconsistencies or exceptions:
Content that is not accessible, inconsistent with the Act
- PDF files are not fully digitally accessible. Work is under way to make them accessible.
- Videos uploaded prior to 23 September 2020 do not have subtitles. The subtitles are being gradually added.
Accessibility features for disabled persons
- Large font mode (letters on the page may be enlarged).
- Monochrome mode (high contrast, regular contrast).
- The website may be viewed on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
Accessibility statement history
- This statement was made on 2020-09-22.
- Last update was on 2020-02-04.
- The statement was based on a self-assessment carried out by the public sector body.
- The website provides the functionality of basic keyboard shortcuts.
Feedback and contact details
To obtain information on accessibility and to submit notifications, please contact: Hanna Szlosek-Milewska; email@example.com ; +48 58 72 73 958.
Everyone has the right to:
- Apply for inaccessible information to be made available.
- Demand that the website, the mobile application or their element be made accessible.
- Demand that information be provided through an alternative access channel, i.e. description of the content of a video recorded without a typescript.
A demand should include the following:
- Data of the person making the demand.
- Identification of the website or mobile application in question.
- The way to contact the applicant.
- The preferred way to access information, if the demand is for alternative provision of information.
The public sector body is obliged to:
- Fulfil the demand without delay, but not later than within 7 days.
- Notify the applicant if the prescribed deadline for fulfilling the demand cannot be met.
- Provide a date at which the demand may be fulfilled, but no later than 2 months of the date of the demand.
- Suggest an alternative way to access the information if digital accessibility may not be provided.
If the public sector body refuses to fulfil the demand for accessibility or an alternative way to access the information, the applicant may file a complaint.
After exhausting the above procedure, the applicant may also file a complaint with the Polish Ombudsman. The website of the Polish Ombudsman is: www.rpo.gov.pl.
Experyment Science Centre, aleja Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451 Gdynia
Experyment Science Centre is located in the Pomeranian Science and Technology Park (PPNT) in Gdynia. The buildings used by the Science Centre (called BUILDING I and BUILDING IIII) are also home to the PPNT Conference Centre, as well as offices, laboratories and prototype workshops which belong to other companies.
Our facilities in BUILDING III include:
- Interactive exhibitions
- ESC Director’s office,
- ESC Deputy Director’s office,
- Department of Exhibitions and Education,
- Maintenance Department,
- ESC Office.
- All entrances provide easy access to the building from ground level and provide access to space used by the Science Centre.
- The entrance to Experyment Science Centre is at the front of the building. It leads directly to ticket offices and the information point.
- The passage to the ticketed area leads through turnstile gates; if the turnstiles cannot be used, there are wide swing gates as backup. A security agent on duty next to the gates assists with ticket scanning and controls the swing gate.
- Horizontal and vertical passageways provide easy access without architectural barriers.
- Corridors and stairways are wide enough to ensure easy passage.
- The passageways between floors are lifts and stairways. Elevation differences on the same floor are connected by both stairs and a gentle-slope ramp.
- The lift provides voice messaging and Braille plates for push buttons.
- The exhibitions are is mostly located on the ground floor. One exception is the mezzanine, accessible via spiral stairs which may constitute an architectural barrier.
- Work is under way to install a stair lift which will provide easy access to the mezzanine.
- Some of the rooms in the building are marked in Braille.
- Audio description is provided for some exhibits. Disposable headsets can be picked up free of charge at the ticket office.
- Toilets for disabled persons with Braille signage are available in both ticketed and non-ticketed areas.
- There is a parent and child room in the ticketed area. Inside there is a changing table, washbasin and a chair.
Guide and assistant dogs are welcome.
Parking bays for persons with disabilities are available at the ground-level car park and the underground car park. There is a parking fee and the car park is operated by a third party company.
Sign language interpreter
There is no sign language translation facility on the grounds or on-line.
Our facilities in BUILDING I include:
- Events and Science Programmes Department
- Development and Cooperation Department
- Finance and Accounting Department
The building does not have facilities for disabled persons.
The Science Centre uses rooms on the first and second floor.
Access to the rooms is via stairways and there is no lift or ramps.
Any meetings between an employee who works in BUILDING I and persons for whom stairs constitute an architectural barrier are arranged in BUILDING III.
Experyment Science Centre provides a mobile application, available at app.experyment.pl.